Jennifer Martin is a coach, author, and marketing strategist who works primarily with influencers, real estate agents & brokers, doctors & medical providers, sports, & entertainment professionals, attorneys & law firms, and many other small and medium-sized businesses. Her expertise is strategizing with her clients to create a strategic approach to meet goals and objectives while dominating online.
Smart business owners know how important search engine optimization (SEO) is for their websites. When done effectively, SEO will help increase a website’s visibility on the search engines. This means their website will appear in the top search results when someone searches for a keyword or phrase that applies to their business. Being in the top results can send thousands of targeted prospects to your website. Smart SEO can help your business in many ways!
1. You will see an increase in traffic. Your website will rank higher for various search terms in search engines as your website becomes more optimized over time. As this happens, you should see an increase in traffic or prospects viewing your website. Ultimately, this should increase your sales too.
2. It will increase the credibility of your business. Your customers are conditioned to believe that the best companies are ranked at the top of the search engines, whether true or not. When you rank highly, your prospects perceive your business more favorably, which leads to an increase in sales, conversions, and brand recognition.
3. SEO can lead to long-lasting results. Radio, print, and billboard ads produce short-term rewards. SEO, on the other hand, helps to deliver long-term rewards. By investing in SEO, your online presence increases, resulting in a more profitable return on investment (ROI).
4. You are in control of the cost. Whether you build backlinks, create a social media presence, or create blog content, you will know beforehand how much it will cost. Once you understand what each service will cost, you can determine which you believe would give you a better
5. Your website will become more user-friendly. A good SEO expert will look at your website and optimize it for the search engines and your users. Improving your website’s user experience includes many aspects, including how quickly your website loads, how easy it is to navigate, and whether it is mobile-friendly. By improving the user experience of your website, you will see an increase in conversions; plus, you should see an overall ranking increase in the search engines, as this is one of the known ranking factors.
6. SEO helps encourage users to visit a local store. It has been shown in numerous studies that having an online presence can also increase visits to your offline premises. For example, if you have a restaurant, a potential customer could check out your menu or customer reviews before making a reservation.
7. Your social media following will increase. More visitors will arrive at your website as your search engine rankings increase. Even if they do not immediately buy from you, they may still check out your social media platforms, follow them, and become buyers later on.
These new followers can also share your marketing messages, increasing social traffic and sales.
8. SEO helps put you ahead of your competitors. As you integrate SEO and various other online marketing techniques into your business, you will move forward with those competitors who have not implemented these techniques.
SEO is critical nowadays, and if you are not implementing it in your online marketing activities, you are limiting your results, sales, and profits.
Look at what your competitors are doing and see what you can do to rise above them. It will be worth your time and effort.